Ready to Change the World?
Meru Health was founded in late 2015 with a big vision to help and empower people living with depression.We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make depression treatment accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to do everything in our power to help people who suffer.
There are approximately 350 million people suffering from depression around the world and depression is the leading cause for disability (WHO 2016) 5-7% of people are annually diagnosed with depression in developed countries.
There is a great need for accessible and scalable solutions to treat depression. This is where digital therapeutics and Meru Health come in!
Meru Health develops cost-effective and transformative digital therapeutics solutions that bring precision medicine to mental health care. We have developed our first mobile program for people living with depression. Participants are supported proactively by a licensed therapist. Self-report (health questionnaires), psychological and behavioural data are used to personalize care.
PASSION Because our mission is personal, we genuinely believe in our work, and we do it with enthusiasm and positivity. We believe that putting our heart into our work is when true creativity comes to life making almost anything possible.
TRANSPARENCY We believe in openness, accountability and stellar communication. We believe in saying and expressing things as they are, as a foundation for building trust among our employees and partners.
INTEGRITY Integrity is the alignment of values, thoughts, words, and actions. Our commitment to integrity means we operate as individuals and as a company from the highest moral principles, acting on our values with consistency and honesty.
COURAGE Doing our work with courage is about taking risks and confronting the uncertain, as well as believing in ourselves and our dreams. Courage is also about doing the right thing, even when it confronts established paradigms.
COMPASSION Through our work, and corporate social responsibility efforts, we are reducing suffering for people with depression, empowering them with tools they need to improve their lives.
Empower people with a scalable and effective treatment solution. Our solution is a comprehensive tool for participants (the name we use for patients) to manage their symptoms of depression and co-morbid anxiety. Our mobile program for treating depression and co-morbid anxiety include mindfulness and CBT practices, and daily therapist engagement & monitoring on weekdays.
Be part of a mission to make mental health care more effective, accessible and outcome driven. Meru Health will take care of all the marketing, participant acquisition and administrative overhead. You can focus on what you know best, providing high quality care for participants. You can work from wherever you like on your own schedule, and we will provide a competitive compensation for your time.
- Provide remote therapy to participants through an online dashboard.
- Work with a collaborative care team other therapists, founders and health care professionals
- Track participant progress in our care program
- Provide feedback to the product team to improve our solution
- Keep appropriate records as dictated by ethical and legal standards.
Skills & Qualities
- You want to use the power of latest technologies to improve your care
- You know what evidence-based care means in practice
- You are tech-savvy and familiar with latest remote working tools
- 25h/week minimum time commitment.
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or other relevant field
- A license to practice (licensed psychologist, LCSW, LMFT, LPPC)
- Mindfulness & CBT training
- 3+ years of clinical experience and a background working with clients with depression and anxiety.
- You are licensed in California
Meru Health in the news
Founder & CEO - Kristian Ranta
(650) 740 9404