Are you ready to change the world?
Meru Health was founded in late 2015 with a big vision to help and empower people living with depression. Depression is one of the largest health problems of the modern world. We are a fast-paced startup funded by the top European VC's and we are based on a strong value base.
1. We are positive, passionate and persistent
2. We believe in beautiful user-centric design
3. We are transparent and honest
4. We are driving the changes we want to see in the world
Why we do it?
a HUGE, EXPENSIVE AND GROWING problem for millions of people
There are ca. 350 million people suffering from depression around the world and depression is the leading cause for disability (WHO 2016) 5-7% of people are annually diagnosed with depression in developed countries.
There is a great need for accessible and scalable solutions to treat depression - this is where digital therapeutics and Meru Health come in!
What we do?
Meru Health develops cost-effective and transformative digital therapeutics solutions that bring precision medicine to mental health care. We have developed our first mobile program for people living with depression. Participants are supported proactively by a real therapist. Self-report (health questionnaires), psychological and behavioural data are used to personalise care.
Head of Design
We believe that great design is at the core of any successful technology company, and are now looking for a Head of Design who is mainly responsible for the customer experience. Rather than someone who is superior in some specific sub-sector of design, we are looking for a holistic and strategic person. We value entrepreneurial characteristics such as being self-driven and self-organized.
We are currently working on:
- Fine-tuning our mobile program for alleviating depression symptoms for iOS and Android
- Trying to understand the in-depth user needs
- Focusing on the user experience/service design in a holistic way. (eg. how the service works, when our end users are not using our mobile app, how they are introduced to our program etc.)
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Alignment with our values
- 4+ year of experience in Visual/Service design.
- Interest in improving lives of others' and making a positive impact through own work
- Passion for learning new things everyday
- Ambition for building a high-quality product to be used by millions of patients and be prescribed/recommended by thousands of doctors
- You understand that we will not “hire” a person only based on interviews. It is of extreme importance first to work together for a while (not full-time) to see on both sides how things progress
IT'S A PLUS IF YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH OR WANT TO LEARN:
- you have experience in early stage technology companies
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
A chance to develop a high-quality mobile consumer service for the international healthcare market
Be part of a close-knit passionate team that is determined to making an impact
Great colleagues and environment for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and option package
We hold a Kick the Shit Out session every month where we give each other brutally honest feedback and provide everyone an opportunity to grow and develop
We strive to spend a day each month on charity work, such as playing Christmas songs at an orphanage
We hold team events, such as motocross racing, wall climbing or outdoors activities every once in a while
Equity: to be negotiated
Interested? Contact us and let us know why you are interested in this position: